cancer andhair loss
we're here to help you cope
chemotherapy ask for details
OF THE WAY
FEEL IN CONTROL
• Talk to our Cancer Hair Care Team. Call us on freephone 0800 065 4501 for information and advice and to book a free consultation.
• Visit our team before hair loss begins so we can better match your own hair colour and texture.
• We can have your system ready immediately for when your hair starts to come out – so you never have to go out feeling uncomfortable about your hair loss.
• We will help manage your system and check on the health and well-being of your scalp throughout your treatment.
• We can arrange to remove and refit your system should you need to receive treatment on your scalp area.
• We will alter and redesign your system around your own hair as it grows back, until you feel comfortable you no longer need it.Contact us
HAIR LOSS FROM
Understanding the reasons why you may lose your hair and finding ways to cope emotionally and physically ahead of time can help you feel more in control.
Chemotherapy drugs are designed to kill rapidly growing cells, like those in our hair follicles. Hair loss does not occur with all chemotherapy medications and people respond differently to treatments. You may experience complete hair loss, hair thinning, or may not notice any hair loss at all.
The good news is that hair loss from chemotherapy is usually temporary. Once your chemotherapy treatment stops, your hair will probably grow back to normal within three to ten months.
“I wasn't upset or scared at the thought of chemotherapy, I was upset and scared at the thought of losing my hair and my little boy seeing it.” Louise, Hair Solved Manchester Client.
Louise lost all her hair over three months. "I had to have the system taped on to hold it in place and needed to visit Hair Solved more frequently, but they really helped my confidence."
Louise's hair has now almost fully recovered and she only uses a partial system to give her the extra length and volume she loves.Louise's Story